Facts on Bhutan
- Location: Located in the Eastern Himalayas, bordered by Tibet (China) in the north, and Indian States of Sikkim and West Bengal to the south-west, Assam to south and Arunachal Pradesh to the east.
- Area: 38,394km2.
- Altitude: Ranging from 150m in south and 7550m above sea level in the north respectively.
- Population: about 700,000.Capital: Thimphu.
- Local Time: Six hours ahead of GMT and 3hours behind Japan.
- Religions: Mahayana Buddhism.
- Currency: Ngultrum, it has the same value as Indian Rupee. One US$ is roughly equal to 55NU.
National Symbols of Bhutan
- National Tree: Weeping Cyprus (Cupressus Corneyana)
- National Flower: Blue Poppy (Meconopsis Gakyidiana)
- National Bird: Raven (Corvus Corax)
National Animal: Takin (Budorcas Taxicolor)
- National Butterfly: Ludlow`s Bhutan swallowtail (Bhutanitis Ludlowi)
- National Sports: Archery.
- National Day: 17th December