Minimum Daily Tariff
MINIMUM DAILY PACKAGE
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- US $200 per person per night for the months of December, January, February, June, July, and August.
- US $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 stars accommodation (4 & 5 star require an additional premium).
- All meals (3 meals in a day).
- A licensed Bhutanese English speaking tour guide during your stay in Bhutan (other language speaking guide like Japanese, Chinese, French, and so on with little more extra charge).
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights).
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges.
- A sustainable tourism Royalty fee of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
We provide the hotels and lodges, which are approved by Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) and on your day of departure also, we provide the breakfast.
The minimum daily packages rates shall not include the following:
- Air fare.
- Airport Taxes
- Visa fees
- FIT Surcharges for one and two persons
- Medical Expenses
- Drinks, and
- Insurance coverage.
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night.
- Group of 2 persons – US$ 30 per person per night.
- Children below the age of 5 years, we are not charging the daily tariff other than visa fee USD 40.
- We provide 50% discount on minimum daily package rate, children between the ages of 5 -12 years old.
- Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, we give 25% discount from our minimum daily package rate.
- A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT, we provide 50% discount to one person in a group of 11 – 15 persons from our daily package rate and we give 100% discount to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- A DURATION DISCOUNT ON ROYALTY, we provide 50% discount on ROYALTY Fee USD 65 after the 8th night and 100% discount on ROYALTY after 14th night.
Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for GROUP SIZE DISCOUNTS, DURATION DISCOUNTS and ROYALTY FREE ZONE DISCOUNT and All Children and Students will not be eligible for DURATION DISCOUNTS