Thimphu Festival(Capital City of Bhutan)
Tentative Festival Date: 11th to 14th October
- Duration: Depend on Guest
- Entry & Exit: Paro, Bhutan
- Season: Autumn Season Only
- Location: Thimphu Dzong, the capital city of Bhutan
Brief Description of Thimphu Festival Tour
The Thimphu Tshechu is held in every year and it’s the biggest and crowded festivals held in Bhutan. Thimphu festival was initiated by the 4th Temporal Ruler of Bhutan, Gyalsey Tenzin Rabgay in 1687. The festival begins on the 9th day and ends on the 12th day of the eighth Bhutanese calendar to commemorate the birth anniversary of Guru Rinpoche. Thimphu festival was performed inside Trashichhodzong courtyard till 2007 but with the increase of devotes, the inner courtyard became too congested to accommodate the viewers. Therefore, a new Tshechu stadium was constructed outside, where more people can accommodate and witness the Thimphu Tshechu freely. On the completion of the new stadium construction, the consecration ceremony was done by our present Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of the Religion) and he named as Tendrel Thang, meaning `Auspicious Ground’. This auspicious ground is just located behind the main assembly hall of the central monastic body of Thimphu region. Thimphu festival is performing by central monastic body and the teachers and students of Royal Academy of Performing Arts.
Note: WE FRAME AN ITINERARY AND PRICE DETAILS DEPENDING ON YOUR CUSTOMIZED DAYS.
- Tour Highlights
- Package Includes
- Package Excludes
- People with their colorful and beautiful traditional dress of Bhutan
- Beautiful and traditional mask dances and folk songs
- Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan
- The big Buddha, which is under construction
- Thimphu Dzong, Tendrel Thang
- A Sustainable Development Fee (SDF): US $65 per person per night
- A minimum of 3 stars accommodation (4 & 5 star require an additional premium)
- All meals (3 meals in a day)
- A licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide (English Speaking)
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights).
- Entry fees and all internal taxes
- Mineral water
- FIT Surcharges, and
- Visa fees
- Air fare.
- Airport Taxes
- Medical Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks, and